Friday, June 29, 2007

7. The Day After - It Wasn't Just a Made for TV Movie.

The Next Day


Sunday, the kids and I went to church and when we came home, there was my wife, acting like nothing had happened. I asked her to leave, she wouldn't.. I tried to pack up the kids and leave but they were wanting to see Mom and I didn't want to break their hearts.


At 5:30 or so, Chuck called and asked if Jana was there. Not "hello, this is..." not "Hi, D___".. just "is ___ there." I handed her the phone and there was some weird conversation. She hung up and said they wanted to see her. I figured it was about last night and was a bit surprised a few moments later when Jamie called me and asked me to come down too.


When I arrived, all four of stood in their hallway with their eldest son. I spent the next hour listening to a 14 year old make accusations that I couldn't believe. Since that moment, there has been evidence to show he was lying, trying to get out of trouble with his parents.

I called my parents-in-law and asked them to meet me at the house. I told them everything that had gone on and the accusations made - and asked her to leave. She denied the accusations but came clean on lots of other garbage she had lied about - everything from drinking to smoking to ...

No comments: